Saturday, July 26, 2014

Hey mom.....But mom.....

I think summer vacation is starting to wear on me. "Hey mom....." and "But mom......" are starting to seriously drive me crazy. All my kids are doing it too, no matter how many times I tell them just call me mom.

But mom seems to get me the most really. I have no idea why but every time I hear but mom it's like a part of me just wants to explode. I don't. But it's there.

So last night while putting away the chickens I had an idea, born out of the but moms I had heard all day.

My kids are star and moon crazy. You have to see where this is going by now. So I came inside and asked all three of my boys if they would like to see a full moon. The looks of excitement on their faces were just what I was hoping for. My youngest started to come forward in what I could only imagine was his rush to be the first to see the full moon outside.

Only there was no full moon outside.

So I gave them my version of a full moon. Meet with jeers and "I can't believe you did that".

I have a feeling I'm going to be known as Butt mom for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment